Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My favourite book


Choose my favourite book it is hard, because I like a lot of books.
But, I going to choose the George Orwell book, 1984. This book it is a dystopia, it is means thet tell us about an horrific future. I read it when I was on school, and when I start to read, I think it will be bored. But when I going forward, i really can not stop reading. It an amazing book, because, besides being very well written and keeps your interest on it; talk about a pretty interesting topic, and I love the way this book addresses this issue, because it is original and clear. After reading this book, my reality perception changes, because although it was written a long time ago, what it say is applicable for nowdays. The book it is about a men (Winston Smith), who is a disenchanted party member. He works for the Ministry of Truth rewriting old news which disagrees with current party thinking. He lives in what was Great Britain but is now part of the huge nation of Oceania. This nation is perpetually at war with either Eurasia or Eastasia. When Oceania changes its allegiance between these two nations all newspapers are altered accordingly, so that it appears Oceania is always at war with the same foe. But Winston does not agree with that, and he think he found someone like him. It is a girl (Julia), and they fall in love. They try t olive a different life, but they are constantly harassed by the “Big Brother who knows and sees everything (like a God). Obviously I am not going to tell you the end, because I hope everybody read it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh!! i watched the movie!! I didn´t liked much :/ . I mean, i don´t like much war movies (or the war issue), but i can´t deny it was well-writted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's terrible the story, I wouldn't like to live in a place like that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read this book for the subject of history in the school!

    ReplyDelete