Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A country I would like to visit


Hi, everyone! Today I am going to talk about a place I always want to visit: the Basque Country or Euskal Herria (in native language). I don’t know if you heard about this place before, but, if you don’t, I can tell you that it comprises the autonomous communities of the Basque Country and Navarre in Spain and the Northern Basque Country in France.

I like this place for a lot of reasons. First, because they speak a language, the Euskara, that it is actually one of the oldest languages that people still use. It’s supposed that it exist before romans colonized Spain.

Second, because there is a lot of beautiful places, like the city of Bilbao or Pamplona, which mixes the Spanish culture with the Basque one. When I was there, I’d like to visit the The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, and others parks, museums and restaurants, but the only thing I don’t want to do there it is go to the San Fermín Festival on Pamplona, because I think it is a horrible performance. 

I’d love to live in this Spanish region, because it is full of history, and they have a pretty interesting culture. I also like because my great grandfather come from this place, so it is part of my history too, and I‘d love to know more about it.

4 comments:

  1. what you say about the language is amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great country, please take me there with you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think is a very interesting place....I would like to visit it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that only you know this little place <3

    ReplyDelete