Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Books & Reading




Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I learn to read when I was 4 years-old, because my brother does it all the time, and I asked him to teach me. So I become a good reader since this age. 
I remember that when I was a child, I read a lot, and I enjoy reading the suspense and thriller books that were available on my school library, and I think I read most of them. If you ask me, I don’t know exactly how many books I have read in my life, but I’m quite sure that more than one hundred, especially considering that I was in Humanistic Elective, and just in my penultimate year of school I read twenty five books.         
Nowadays, I still enjoy reading, but I’m tired to read about psychology subjects. I prefer the fiction novels, and for this kind of books, right now one of my favorite writers is Fiódor Dostoyevski, and one of their books, Crime and Punishment it’s actually one of my preferred books.  
I also love other books, like The Unbearable Lightness of Being, written by Milan Kundera, which is also the last book I read.  It is an amazing book, so I didn’t take so long for read it; I think that maybe a week or least. The story, basically it is about a Czech doctor with an active sex life, who meets a woman, Teresa, and fall in love with her, but he is not capable to be faithful, so he has a lot of lovers, and this torture Teresa. All this happen when the Soviets invade the Czech Republic, in the context of the second word war. I recommend this book to the ones who enjoy the books that mixes fiction stories, with a little bit of philosophy and history subjects.

4 comments:

  1. I like Fiódor Dostoyevski too! Speccialy his book "Noches Blancas" C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last book sound great :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´ve always like to read some books from Dostoyevski. I think you are a book worm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I think I will read The Unbearable Lightness of Being, it sounds very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete